Hydraulic Pumps and Motors: Safety Precautions and Instructions
Hydraulic pumps and motors can make accomplishing a wide array of tasks and functions simpler, easier, and much faster. The use of hydraulic systems is found in manufacturing, automotive, construction, agriculture, and just about every industry. Even healthcare uses various forms of hydraulics!
When working with hydraulic systems, it is important to take some safety precautions and only operate the system in accordance with its intended purposes.
- Prior to engaging the system, do an initial inspection to look for loose fittings, leaks, broken hoses, and so on.
- If you notice fluid dripping from the system while it is off, do not turn it on.
- Wear the appropriate safety gear, if required, such as gloves, goggles, hard hats, etc.
- Never place your hands, arms, or other body parts into or near moving parts of the system.
- Do not continue to operate the system if something goes wrong or it loses pressure.
- Use proper isolation procedures before starting maintenance on the system.
- Educate and train operators how to use the system correctly.
- Never leave the system running unattended.
Keep in mind, these tips are just a general overview of safety precautions. You should always review explicit safety precautions for your own work environment.
For further information about safety precautions and instructions for any of the pumps, motors, and hydraulic systems we sell, or help in selecting the right ones for your business, please feel free to contact White House Products Ltd. at +44 (0) 1475 742500 today!
back to blog posts